1. Park Tavern- Beautiful overlook of Piedmont Park in the heart of the city with plenty o' green beer events this month. 3/5- ShamRock with Yacht Rock & 3/12 Lucky Fest with all the Green Beer you can stomach!
2. Fado'- Authentic Irish breakfast and brews doors open at 6am so stop by before work!!! check the link for complete list of events.
3. Atlanta St Patrick's Day Parade - With partners like Meehan's and Max Lagers this should be a nice event.
4. Firebird - Another green beer extravaganza! Intimate and low key.....
5. Meehan's Public House - Another authentic Irish feast, great breakfast to start the debauchery
6. James Joyce Irish Pub- Comon' Irish Pub you get it........
7. Harp Irish Pub- See above.....
But of course this it just a few of the happenings..........
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Mad River Brewing Co.
Humboldt Co. CA
So I just happened past this at a brew shop in Atlanta thought it looked interesting and grabbed a couple to try. Here's how it went.
It poured a hazy broworange (brownish orange) color with decent 1 inch off white head. The lacing was large sticky and soapy.
Very strong pine on the nose with notes of grapefruit and damp soil, the caramel of the malts is slightly noticeable.
The taste is quite sweet on the front end but dies quickly with the the orange citrus notes picking up the slack. The strong pine scent doesn't come through I would have expected it to and the brew is very very balanced for a DIPA. There is a medium carbonation on this brew the settles before you finish the glass, this beer is THICK, think Oprah in the early 90's thick...
This is a nice DIPA but not the flavor explosion I was expecting its quite well balance maybe to much so for the style... but all in all a good beer.
Posted by Hey I'm Kyle at 12:21 PM